Craftin' Sistahs on Facebook - Challenge #1

57N8ZAYSHE6G

A few months ago, I started a group on Facebook to bring crafty sistahs together. I am so pleased with the response & love I have felt from the members of this group. So far, we have hosted a Blog Hop (click here for that post) and have began to support each other in all things crafty & some not.

Last week, I started weekly challenges within the group. The challenge is posted on Monday and the group members have until noon on Saturday to post their projects.

Challenge #1 was to create a card, layout, etc. with black & white as the primary colors and one accent color.

When I am able to choose a color, I always go with my favorite - ORANGE!

Here is my take on the challenge:


The orange ribbon - which has been in my stash for what seems like forever - was really what got me going on this creation. I used DCWV patterned paper, black cardstock from Recollections & a white Recollections card for the base. The card base measures 6.5" by 5". I cut my black cardstock at 6" by 4.5" and used my Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page to decorate one edge. I cut my patterned paper at 5.75" by 3.75" and used my ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye in Tangerine to add a little something to the edges. I tied a bow & used my ATG to secure the ribbon on the back of my card front. Lastly, I pulled out my Gypsy and tapped into my Forever Young cartridge. The "d-lish!" phrase jumped out at me & I cut it & its shadow at abot 1.75". Don't you just love it?!?!?

Monique at Mix-on the Memories also participated in the challenge & this is what she whipped up:


Christel over at Scrappin Sista put her own spin on it & came up with this:


Thanks so much ladies for lending your talent & craft genius to this challenge... can't wait to see what you come up with this week!

Challenge #2 - Use 3 Bs on a card. You choose three Bs - they could be buttons, birds, butterflies, brads, blue, bling, or whatever "B" thing you come up with!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's that Time! The Pursuit for 250 Followers!

Using all the Cricut Cartridge Images - even the catridges you don't have!

Vision Board 2019