Craftin' Sistahs on Facebook - Challenge #3

Last week's challenge was to use your biggest ticket crafting item to make something other than a card or layout... boy, did my sistahs step up to the plate!

Christel over at Scrappin' Sista created an Explosion Purse and it is so cute:


April from The Purple Scrapbook was thinking along the same lines as Christel and made a purse too... except her purse is designer & comes baring gifts! She made a Faux GUCCI Purse gift card holder:



I used my Cricut Expression & Gypsy to cut vinyl for an etched glass project. I used Cricut Cuttables Adhesive-Backed Vinyl in Raven (black). Using my Gypsy, I set up my design ~ "In God's Hands" ~ from the Printing Press cartridge - I love the mix of this font & how it doesn't have to be perfect.

I am out of transfer tape, so I used a few strips of my wide width masking tape to help transfer the vinyl (including the little "circles" in the As, Os, & Ds) to the glass.


When I removed the masking tape, the vinyl was in the proper position for me to add the etching cream.


As I removed the tape, I noticed the vinyl had bubbled in a few places. I took a minute with my burnishing tool (you can also use the popsicle stick that comes with the vinyl) to make sure that the vinyl was completely smooth - the etching cream will run under the vinyl & mess up your design if you leave the bubbles in there.

I used Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream (leaving it on for about 3 minutes).


After I washed the cream off, I removed the vinyl & viola! I have my faith/prayer jar. My daughter & I will use small slips of paper to write things/people we're in faith for or praying to the jar & we will pray over the jar every night. Every once in a while, we will go through the slips & see what we can now thank God for and for what we need to keep praying.


(The jar is from Hobby Lobby and was on sale for 50% off this past week. The tissue paper is used to help you see the etching.)

This week's challenge is to welcome the season with a Spring-themed project of your choice! If you're up for the challenge share your link with us! This challenge is open until 11:59pm on Saturday, March 26th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's that Time! The Pursuit for 250 Followers!

Using all the Cricut Cartridge Images - even the catridges you don't have!

Vision Board 2019