Craftin' Sistahs on Facebook - Challenge #3

Last week's challenge was to use your biggest ticket crafting item to make something other than a card or layout... boy, did my sistahs step up to the plate!

Christel over at Scrappin' Sista created an Explosion Purse and it is so cute:


April from The Purple Scrapbook was thinking along the same lines as Christel and made a purse too... except her purse is designer & comes baring gifts! She made a Faux GUCCI Purse gift card holder:



I used my Cricut Expression & Gypsy to cut vinyl for an etched glass project. I used Cricut Cuttables Adhesive-Backed Vinyl in Raven (black). Using my Gypsy, I set up my design ~ "In God's Hands" ~ from the Printing Press cartridge - I love the mix of this font & how it doesn't have to be perfect.

I am out of transfer tape, so I used a few strips of my wide width masking tape to help transfer the vinyl (including the little "circles" in the As, Os, & Ds) to the glass.


When I removed the masking tape, the vinyl was in the proper position for me to add the etching cream.


As I removed the tape, I noticed the vinyl had bubbled in a few places. I took a minute with my burnishing tool (you can also use the popsicle stick that comes with the vinyl) to make sure that the vinyl was completely smooth - the etching cream will run under the vinyl & mess up your design if you leave the bubbles in there.

I used Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream (leaving it on for about 3 minutes).


After I washed the cream off, I removed the vinyl & viola! I have my faith/prayer jar. My daughter & I will use small slips of paper to write things/people we're in faith for or praying to the jar & we will pray over the jar every night. Every once in a while, we will go through the slips & see what we can now thank God for and for what we need to keep praying.


(The jar is from Hobby Lobby and was on sale for 50% off this past week. The tissue paper is used to help you see the etching.)

This week's challenge is to welcome the season with a Spring-themed project of your choice! If you're up for the challenge share your link with us! This challenge is open until 11:59pm on Saturday, March 26th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's that Time! The Pursuit for 250 Followers!

SST Christmas and Countdown to the New Year Blog Hop!

Happy February: Angie's Paper Passion's 50th Birthday Blog Hop