Birdie Card - Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge #14 - Indie Art

For the Cricut Cartridge Giveaway/350 Follower Quest - click here

Over at More Than Favors, they have a weekly challenge featuring one of the Cricut cartridges - Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge. Usually, I just enjoy the beautiful creations I see, but this week, I promised you all a post everyday, so I figured I would join in!

I had to have the Indie Arts cartridge when I saw it, but I didn't break down & get it until I saw it was available on CricutRewards.com. I still feel like I haven't used it enough, so I am happy that this is the cartridge this week (my week off).

I decided to go with a card. I chose the bird image... and didn't know where to go from there...

So, I thought about some of the things I have wanted to try & came up with this -


Ingredients:
Cricut Cartridges - Bird (Indie Art), Card Base (Ashlyn's Alphabet), Mat (Plantin Schoolbook)
Cardstock - Card base (The Paper Company), Mat (DCWV LaCreme Mat Stack), Bird & Wing Accent (DCWV Linen Closet Mat Stack)
Sentiment Sticker - Colorbok Life's Blessings Sticker Pack
Ribbon - Offray Spool of Ribbon
Ink - Charcoal (ColorBox)
Tools - Cricut, Gypsy, Sizzix Texture Boutique, Corner Chomper, Zig 2-Way Glue Chisel Tip, ATG, 3M Mounting Tape

I wanted to make the little birdie peek through the front of the card, so I used the Gypsy to weld the shadow of the bird image to the card base. I also wanted to have a raised layered look on the front of the card, so I welded that same shadow image to the mat (cut in black glitter cardstock & ran through the Texture Boutique). The bird (in metallic white with glitter blue wing accents) is actually in the inside of the card peeking through "its shadow" to the outside. I just love how this came out & will probably do some type of spin on this a little more often.

Hope you enjoyed it!


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for posting!

Popular posts from this blog

It's that Time! The Pursuit for 250 Followers!

SST Christmas and Countdown to the New Year Blog Hop!

Happy February: Angie's Paper Passion's 50th Birthday Blog Hop