Cricut Cartridge Exploration: Nifty Fifties

Over at Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack, there is a group for those of use who love our diecutting machines. In that group, there's a little thing called "Cartridge Exploration" where the members choose one of the Cricut cartridges & create a project to share with the other members. I decided to try my hand at it.

I created the card from the Nifty Fifties cartridge handbook. It is a cute little card & I can see it being given as a mother's day card or just because type of card for anyone especially if they are into fashion or sewing.


I'm not a fan of pink, so I decided to go with purple, black & white. The recipe called for:
  • cardstock: white, pink {I used purple metallic}, black, pink dotted {purple patterned paper}
  • ribbon: back patterned
  • brads: 4 pink {I used purple}
  • hole punch
  • paper trimmer
  • foam squares {I used 3M foam tape}
  • adhesive
The card measures 6" by 7". I was excited because aside from the card base, I was able to use all scraps!

The dress & dress frame are from the Nifty Fifties cartridge & cut at 4". The dress frame was cut in back. The dress is cut in white, and the layer 1 (dress pieces) were cut in metallic purple.



The card was actually pretty easy to make & even though it is a fifties themed cartridge, I can see plenty of cuts that can be used for a variety of projects!

Let me know what you think!

{a few tips - I used Charcoal ink to ink the edges of my black cuts because my cardstock had a white core; I like foam tape because I can pick the size I need, there a nifty (LOL) video on YouTube with a knot tying trick that I like to use that keeps them neat & tidy everytime - when I find it, I'll come back & share; I think metallic cardstock is the best thing ever gives you subtle bling}

Comments

  1. Not a fan of pink???? *faint* lol Well the purple and black combo looks fantastic, so good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of getting this cart! I think I might! ;o) Thanks for sharing such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!! I have this cartridge but I don't think I use it enough~thanks for inspiring me today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sniff sniff* Why can't I see the picture?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for posting!

Popular posts from this blog

It's that Time! The Pursuit for 250 Followers!

SST Christmas and Countdown to the New Year Blog Hop!

Happy February: Angie's Paper Passion's 50th Birthday Blog Hop