Getting Organized: Scraps




So... I have been MIA, but I have been crafting! I came across a pin on Pinterest about organizing scraps and as I skimmed it, I saw a part about sizes for scraps for cardmakers. Then it hit me - I'm a card maker! LOL! 

So, I gathered up my organized scraps, plus all the recent ones I had been accumulating & my trimmer and went to work. I decided I would store them in photo boxes (had just picked some up from Michael's or Joann). 

I did some quick measuring & discovered my scraps could be up to 4.5x7 which works for most of the cards I make. I didn't keep super small pieces. I also found the when I used 3" or so from a sheet, I put that in my scraps too - those were cut down to 8.5x11 and stored separately.

My old oganization system was sorted by color with metals (copper, bronze, etc.) and vellum in its own group. What I ended up with is the picture - color sorted, organized scraps that I might actually use :-)

Comments

  1. Looks great...but I'm not reorganizing my scraps! I'm already spending enough time organizing other stuff LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great system, I try to keep some scraps, I need to organize them. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for posting!

Popular posts from this blog

It's that Time! The Pursuit for 250 Followers!

SST Christmas and Countdown to the New Year Blog Hop!

Happy February: Angie's Paper Passion's 50th Birthday Blog Hop