Search This Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Valentine's Day Swap on the Cricut MB

In February, IslandV of Scrap InnoVations organized an altered container/box & mini album swap for the Sistas Scrap Too forum on the Cricut Messageboard. I jumped in & then realized I was not a scrapbooker! LOL!

I searched my saved videos on YouTube and came across an album I thought I could work with where I could use my card-making skills to make the pages.

Fo the mini album, I started with three sheets of black Recollections cardstock cut at 8.5"x8.5". Each sheet of cardstock was scored at 4.25", turned, and scored at 4.25" again (forming a cross in the middle of the page & 4 equal squares). Each sheet of black cardstock is then folded in half diagonally. Creasing on the folds & caving the diagonal folds in, gave me three accordion sections that I interlocked & secured with my ATG gun to form the album.

To decorate the inside of the mini album, I cut 10 squares of cardstock in complimentary colors/patterns measuring at 3.75"x3.75" (depending on your liking for a border, you can go as large as 4"x4" squares). Six of the squares can be cut in half diagonally to decorate the triangle pages. Here's a look at the inside of the album:


I decorated the cover of the album using my Sweetheart (Love), Jasmine (s), Base Camp (of my), and Stand & Salute (Life) cartridges to create the title "Loves of My Life". I used leftover blocks of the paper I had from the inside of the album to link the design together...

I left the back of the mini as a clean slate for my swap partner to decorate.

For the altered container, I found a tin I purchased from Hobby Lobby after Christmas. My swap partner let me know her favorite colors, so keeping in line with that, I chose to spray paint the tin black. I pulled out my DCWV Summer Dreams stack and found the perfect paper. Using Mod Podge, I adhered 3" strips of the patterned paper to the middle of the tin. I added ribbon (same used on the mini album) and diecuts - my swap partner's initials & her crafting moniker - to the tin. I finished off the lid with flowers & more ribbon. I just love how it turned out!


 My swap partner, Nubian Crafter NC, has received her items ~ and a few special craft-time goodies ~ and she is in love with them! I am so happy!

Here is a link to the YouTube video that helped me make the mini album.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Thank you so much for posting!