Cricut Cartridge Exploration: Nifty Fifties

Over at Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack, there is a group for those of use who love our diecutting machines. In that group, there's a little thing called "Cartridge Exploration" where the members choose one of the Cricut cartridges & create a project to share with the other members. I decided to try my hand at it.

I created the card from the Nifty Fifties cartridge handbook. It is a cute little card & I can see it being given as a mother's day card or just because type of card for anyone especially if they are into fashion or sewing.


I'm not a fan of pink, so I decided to go with purple, black & white. The recipe called for:
  • cardstock: white, pink {I used purple metallic}, black, pink dotted {purple patterned paper}
  • ribbon: back patterned
  • brads: 4 pink {I used purple}
  • hole punch
  • paper trimmer
  • foam squares {I used 3M foam tape}
  • adhesive
The card measures 6" by 7". I was excited because aside from the card base, I was able to use all scraps!

The dress & dress frame are from the Nifty Fifties cartridge & cut at 4". The dress frame was cut in back. The dress is cut in white, and the layer 1 (dress pieces) were cut in metallic purple.



The card was actually pretty easy to make & even though it is a fifties themed cartridge, I can see plenty of cuts that can be used for a variety of projects!

Let me know what you think!

{a few tips - I used Charcoal ink to ink the edges of my black cuts because my cardstock had a white core; I like foam tape because I can pick the size I need, there a nifty (LOL) video on YouTube with a knot tying trick that I like to use that keeps them neat & tidy everytime - when I find it, I'll come back & share; I think metallic cardstock is the best thing ever gives you subtle bling}

Comments

  1. Not a fan of pink???? *faint* lol Well the purple and black combo looks fantastic, so good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty...
    Have a great day
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking of getting this cart! I think I might! ;o) Thanks for sharing such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!! I have this cartridge but I don't think I use it enough~thanks for inspiring me today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sniff sniff* Why can't I see the picture?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for posting!

Popular posts from this blog

It's that Time! The Pursuit for 250 Followers!

Using all the Cricut Cartridge Images - even the catridges you don't have!

Vision Board 2019